The calendar New Year coincides with Capricorn season, perfect for honing ambitions and setting goals. While it’s important to align goals with values, it’s also important to reflect at the end of the year before doing so. Skincare rituals can serve as containers for restorative pause, and the following are worthy of your time:
Coconut + Cocoa Comfort Bath Ritual
This ritual is for the soul that needs a soothing bath after a challenging year, featuring our STAYCATION Coconut Bath + Body Duo with gentle coconut milk and silky body oil for renewed softness in the new year.
- Pour a mug of cocoa to accompany your ritual.
- Draw a hot bath, set lighting to low, and select some mellow tunes.
- Add Coconut Milk Bath Soak, which smells divine and brings baby-soft skin.
- While you soak, meditate on the concept of nurturing. What nurturing do you need for yourself? What outside of yourself do you feel like nurturing? Loosely observe your thoughts in response to these questions as they float to the surface.
- After your bath has cooled to warm, emerge and towel off.
- Smooth on Coconut Body Oil and dress yourself warmly and comfortably.
- Journal the most prominent answers to the earlier questions, forming resolutions to stay nourished in the new year, if inspired.
Crystal Purity Glow Facial Ritual
This powerful ritual is aimed at those who’ve faced conflict this year. Restore the integrity of your skin and mindset with some clarity-themed me-time, featuring our Bamboo Charcoal Cleansing Bar, our Prism Exfoliating Glow Duo and our Lapis Ritual Kit.
- On an easy morning, pour a cup of hot water with lemon to tone the body and skin.
- Remove dirt and excess oil with our Bamboo Charcoal Cleansing Bar.
- With a mask applicator brush or fingers, apply Prism 20% AHA + 5% BHA Exfoliating Glow Facial (included in our Prism Exfoliating Glow Duo).
- Relax for 10-15 minutes, letting the mask work its magic.
- Journal freely all of the things you might be willing to let go of in the new year.
- Rinse and dry, then gently press a few drops of Lapis Facial Oil into the skin.
- Included in our Lapis Ritual Kit is a Lapis Facial Roller and Lapis Gua Sha massage tool. Use either to move stagnant fluid from the face.
- In your journal, circle three things you’re willing to let go of in the new year, then do so!
- A couple of times per week, apply a potion blend of Lapis Facial Oil + Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum to maintain your clarity and glow.
Divine Inspiration Shower Ritual
Ready to reach for the stars? Create sacred space in which to set the intention to do so with an inspiring blend of Herbivore floral favorites. The following instructions are meant to elevate your creative potential to new heights, featuring our Self-Love Body Ritual Kit. Perform this ritual before embarking upon new creative adventures:
- Pour a cup of hibiscus tea to start the glow from within.
- Turn on some uplifting/good mood tunes, meditative trance, or any music that inspires a state of creative flow.
- Step into a steamy shower, bringing along both Coco Rose and Amethyst Body Polishes.
- After shampooing/conditioning/cleansing, apply a combination of the two polishes to your arms, legs and torso.
- Rinse to reveal smooth, rose- and jasmine-scented skin, emerging from the shower and toweling off.
- Apply Jasmine Body Oil to the body before pausing to journal the inspiration you received during your shower. Research has shown that this is a particularly creative place for most.
Questions, comments, or ideas for your own rituals? Leave them below in the comments!