If you’ve not yet added facial rolling to your skincare rituals, do so for added glow power and anti-aging benefits. Brush up on your rolling knowledge before diving into facial massage with the following tips and tricks:
The facial rolling step happens just after applying an oil, serum or both. Use the roller while your skin is fresh and moist to help the tool work its magic without causing unnecessary friction. It also helps the oil and/or serum to absorb into the skin more deeply and evenly.
Facial rolling delivers the following benefits:
Encourages circulation – Physically, facial rolling offers an improved look of youthfulness by increasing facial blood circulation. A gentle flush of nourishing blood encourages cellular turnover and promotes an immediate, visibly refreshed look.
Moves stagnant toxins – Facial rolling uses gentle smooth-stone pressure to move stagnant fluid and toxins toward lymphatic drainage points for release into the body’s elimination system. Your mind and body will feel more relaxed and released as a result of this crystal ritual. You’ll notice a more refreshed and lifted look to your face after facial rolling, especially if you indulge regularly.
Releases tension and puffiness – Facial rolling aids with stress release by massaging areas of the face that hold tension and/or puffiness:
- Tension is often particularly noticeable along the jawline in areas where you’ve been grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw (notice a satisfying release as the tool rolls over “crunchy” spots). The larger end of the roller is meant for rolling this area of the face.
- Puffiness is usually most noticeable around and under the eyes (small end of the facial roller works best here). Cool stone crystal combines with gentle pressure to de-puff and smooth this delicate area. Storing your facial roller(s) in a refrigerator allows the tool to help restrict blood vessels in the face, which reduces puffiness and fluid movement.
Metaphysical benefits – Herbivore’s Facial Rollers are made of crystal stones, which deliver their own special metaphysical benefits. Our Lapis, Jade, Amethyst, and Rose Quartz Facial Rollers specialize in attracting the following types of energy (Choose the stone with the intention and color that calls the loudest):
- Lapis: meditation and clarity of purpose
- Jade: prosperity and heart healing
- Amethyst: relaxation and peace
- Rose Quartz: love and compassion
How to roll:
Herbivore’s National Education Manager Michael (@thebeardedbeautybible) shows us facial massage techniques with a Jade Facial Roller for a healthy glow in this brief tutorial:
Facial rolling works by gently massaging the face from the centerline out toward the temples and hairline, then down the lymph nodes of the neck.
- Step 1 – Apply a serum or facial oil before using a facial roller, which helps to minimize friction and tugging on the skin, and helps the roller to glide easily over the skin.
- Step 2 – Following the arrows on the chart below, use firm yet gentle pressure to roll from the center of the face outwards in even strokes. Repeat the same number of strokes on both sides of the face to ensure an even and balanced de-puffing effect.
- Forehead – Begin between the brows and roll in short strokes upwards towards the hairline. Continue with upward strokes across the forehead to the temples.
- Under-eye area – Using the smaller side of the roller, begin at the inner corner of the eye and roll along the eye socket to the temple in one smooth, continuous stoke with increasing pressure at the temple.
- Cheeks – Roll with broad stokes from the nose outwards towards the ear. Repeat across the entire cheek area.
- Jawline – Begin at the center of the chin, and roll along the jaw bone to relieve muscle tension. Once finished with the jawline, make one long sweeping motion from the center of the hairline down to the upper jaw and earlobe. This allows for the best circulation and drainage to occur prior to doing the neck.
- Neck – Roll from below the earlobe down to the neck, towards the collarbones to encourage drainage to the lymph nodes.
Note – Be careful to avoid applying too much pressure with the tool, as this can cause bruising and capillary breakage, among other damage. Gentle strokes are the best and most effective.
Questions or comments? Leave them below!
Share this post with a buddy and get rolling and glowing, beauties!