When you’re stuck indoors, it’s important to stay on top of your mental, physical and emotional health. These ideas are intended to do just that—and they’re fun, too!
Also, none of these ideas involve the obvious TV streaming options. Settle in with these stress-relieving solutions:
1. Take hot showers and long baths. It’s easy to neglect self-care when you’re spending long hours in your home. Remember that bathing is highly relaxing, eases anxiety, stimulates immunity and refreshes your outlook.
Exfoliate and nourish your whole body with a refreshing scrub down. Try out Amethyst Exfoliating Body Polish, which is blended with soothing crushed amethyst crystals, or our Coco Rose Exfoliating Body Polish, formulated with loving rose and gentle coconut.
Exfoliating your body helps to improve your immune system by rejuvenating your body’s largest and most exposed organ: your skin. For ultra-soft skin, dip into our Coconut Milk Bath Soak, or use our Calm Bath Salts and a Pink Clay Cleansing Bar to quelch anxiety and nurture your skin.
2. Break out the crafts. As hard as it is, try to avoid a ton of screen time. It’s hard on your eyes and requires a lot of mental energy. Fiber arts like knitting, cross stitch and repairing pieces of clothing are meditative and productive. If domestic arts aren’t your thing, tinker with tools, fix your bike, make jewelry, whatever strikes your fancy.
3. Work out. No gym? Yoga Download and Adaptive are fabulous examples among many of online fitness platforms that don’t require your physical presence, equipment or running paths. Companies like Dancio are offering a free two-week trial period so you can sweat risk-free. Physical exercise tremendously benefits your health by encouraging cellular turnover and fresh oxygen to blood cells which also helps to boost immunity. Bonus #1: your skin will glow and so will you. Bonus #2: you can stay in your underwear.
4. Indulge in at-home facials. What better time to brighten your mug? Here’s a list of our favorite masks and matching yoga poses to make the 10-15 minute wait more relaxing and nourishing. Follow with a stress-relieving facial oil like our Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil. Roll away stress and worry lines with a soothing crystal facial roller like this Amethyst version.
5. Paint your nails. There’s no doubt about it: pretty hands improve quality of life. Your hands do so much for you, why not take care of them, gaze at them, buff them, and if you have any on hand, paint them with a clean polish such as 7 Free or Tenoverten.
6. Bathe your crystals. House full of gems? Give your babies a bath in a bowl of slightly sudsy water to reawaken their magic and dramatically improve the energy of your space. Rearrange their positions in your home for a fresh frequency. PS: don’t forget to cleanse your crystal facial tools!
7. Read Tarot or Oracle Cards, or get a reading from an online reader. Metaphysical arts can be so helpful when you’re feeling isolated. Deepen your meditation practice. Pray. Shuffle and pull from your favorite deck. This one by Dark Days is perfect for…dark days. Ask your guides for instruction. Ask nature—she knows.
8. Read all of the books you’ve stockpiled. If you’re like most of us, you’ve probably collected a few too many books to read or finish, so why not pour yourself a warm beverage and crack them open? Escape into another world, expand your imagination, teach yourself something new. Cabin fever can be broken if you can find a way to grow and expand within.
9. Bake or cook. Speaking of books, most of us also have a few cookbooks gathering cobwebs, or a Pinterest board filled with tasty “someday” recipes. There’s nothing quite so comforting as the smell of freshly baked cookies. Shop your cabinets and cook from scratch.
10. Set up your TikTok account. Use technology to your advantage and stay in touch with those who are important to you. When you’re cooped up but craving social contact, apps like Instagram, FaceTime and Google Hangouts can help. Again: be careful to limit your screen time to a maximum of 2-3 hours if possible. It’s easy to go overboard and strain your eyes and energy.
Questions or comments? How do you stay busy and happy at home? Let us know below.