Day-to-day energy levels like waking up and feeling energized, and slowing down and feeling calm, can be hard to achieve under stress. It helps to incorporate mood-encouraging scents into your everyday life to boost your mental, emotional and physical health.
In support of health care workers and the wellbeing of all, we’ve recently released two Hand Hero 75% Alcohol Purifying Hand Gels, in two mentally-supportive scents: Pink Grapefruit and Lavender. Lavender is a calming floral scent that promotes stress relief and healthy sleep, and Pink Grapefruit is a light, fresh citrus scent filled with mood-boosting qualities.
There are many reasons to incorporate citrus fruits into your everyday life. These warm-hued fruits deliver a ton of benefits that stimulate health and happiness.
P I N K G R A P E F R U I T
Lift your mood.
Health benefits include:
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Promotes detoxification
- Helps to prevent aging
- Helps the body to absorb vitamin D
Mood-supporting benefits include:
- Boosts serotonin production, a brain chemical responsible for contentment and feelings of happiness
- Reduces stress hormones, for a calming effect
- Helps to clear the mind of distraction and overwhelm
Incorporate citrus into your routine with the help of the following ideas:
- Make warm water with slices of citrus throughout the day, especially in the morning.
- Snack on fresh oranges and grapefruits throughout the day.
- Keep our Grapefruit Hand Hero Cleansing Gel with you for clean hands in a pinch.
- Plant lemon balm and add sprigs to your water
- Squeeze fresh lemons over greens and savory dishes to help the body to absorb mood-boosting vitamin D.
- Make lemonade with a low-glycemic sweetener like agave nectar.
L A V E N D E R
Soothe your soul.
Lavender is known for its remarkable ability to calm the nerves and soothe an anxious mind. This gorgeous violet-hued flower can be added to your daily routine for increased health and quality of life.
Mood supporting benefits:
- Can help to lift anxiety
- Decreases feelings of restlessness
- Provides relief from mild depression
- Antiseptic qualities (kills bacteria)
- Possible mild pain relief
- Reduces insomnia
- Reduces inflammation
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure for stress relief
- Helps to stimulate arousal
Incorporate lavender into your life with the help of the following ideas:
- Keep our Lavender Hand Hero 75% Alcohol Purifying Gel close for continuously clean hands plus soothed, calm skin.
- Add lavender to a cloth pouch and toss in your underwear drawer to make getting dressed a bit more fun and sensual.
- Put a few drops of organic lavender essential oil into an empty Herbivore spray bottle, blend with filtered water, and gently spritz over pillows and sheets for a night of deeper sleep.
- Blend lavender essential oil into homemade household 70% alcohol purifying gels. A simple blend of warm water, a couple tablespoons of castile soap, a tablespoon of borax, a couple tablespoons of vinegar and a few drops of lavender essential oil is an easy all-purpose household cleaning recipe. Mix this into another empty Herbivore spray bottle. (Use a few drops of grapefruit or lemon essential oil to make an uplifting or balancing scent blend.)
- Mix organic lavender leaves with salt, fennel, cumin, coriander, thyme and other herbs to create a customized spice mix that’s fabulous over rice.
- Sip on lavender tea. Lavender, dried coconut, and rooibos makes a wonderfully grounding tea blend for iced or hot tea.
SHOP THE STORY: