Celebrity makeup artist Lisa Aharon understands the ins and outs of clean, natural beauty—especially during the hot, humid, and sweaty summers of New York City. Perfect her formula for achieving a gorgeous, born-with-it glow (that won’t melt away in the heat) by following these simple, effective steps:
Summer Skincare with Lisa
- Lisa loves to start with using our Pink Clay Cleansing Bar Soap from head to toe. This non-drying bar helps to prevent blemishes on both the face and the body, so you can bare your best glow in the hot months.
- Next, Lisa likes to use our After Sun Soothing Aloe Mist, which contains lavender and mint, to provide cooling and antibacterial benefits. Apply by either spraying the toner directly onto the face or onto a reusable cotton round, gently dabbing the hydration into the skin on the face and neck.
- Lisa suggests following the toning step with a facial oil in the summer months, and our Lapis Facial Oil is a perfect choice due to its ultralight texture, calming abilities, and blemish-fighting properties. Facial rolling after application will help the skin to absorb the perfect amount of moisture to help control oiliness and shine on a hot day. (We suggest blending a few drops of facial oil to your all-natural SPF to make protecting your skin even easier!)
- Our Blue Clay Mask helps to calm blemish-prone skin as a full-face mask mixed with water, but Lisa suggests also using it as a spot treatment, dry. Simply dab your fingertip into the powder and press it into the skin, gently blending the clay with your moisturizer as part of your everyday skincare routine, “helping you to detoxify and fight that blemish during the day.”
Five-Minute Summer Makeup Routine
- Lisa suggests using a primer to reduce summertime shine. One of her favorites is by Smith & Cult, which contains bamboo and charcoal ingredients to effectively battle summer smear. Charcoal is also wonderful at cooling and detoxifying the skin—bonus!
- Lisa doesn’t tend to use foundation in the summer, but when she does, she uses a super lightweight version, also by Smith & Cult. A little goes a long way to create the sheer coverage that’s ideal for summer humidity. Using the fingertips, apply to any areas with more redness or discoloration, like the forehead and cheeks.
- Next, Lisa suggests using a cream blush (we love Kjaer Weis’s!) that also serves double duty as a lip color. Dab your fingertip into the cream formula, swiping any excess on the back of your hand before smoothing the color to the apples of your cheeks and the bridge of your nose, giving your skin a gorgeous sun-kissed glow. Use the remainder from the back of your hand to add a rosy finish to the lips.
- To ensure the lips stay smooth, soft and kissable, Lisa applies a dab of Make’s Marine Salve to the lips with the fingers. This deep, super sheer tinted balm gives the lips a boost of juicy hue and kissability.
- Next, lashes. Lisa adores using her Rose Gold Procurl Lash Curler by Tweezerman. She then applies a “generous coat” of Lash Food mascara, which is very nourishing to the lashes in addition to thickening and lengthening, “so it’s like a treatment and a mascara all in one.”
That’s it! This lightweight routine is simple enough to keep your routine short and sweet while bringing out your natural beauty, and without melting in the summer heat.
Read more about Lisa Aharon here.