Ready for skin that is more soft, smooth, supple, and youthful-looking? Our bestselling Bakuchiol Serum provides plant-powered renewing effects.
Fans of Bakuchiol love that it smoothes the look of fine lines and wrinkles with retinol-alternative babchi extract and plumping tremella mushroom hydration. With potent antioxidants, this formula supports the natural protective moisture barrier to enhance the health of even the most sensitive skin. It blends easily into skincare routines with its silky, lightweight formula.
While getting to know Bakuchiol, you may wonder how and when to incorporate this purple powerhouse into your AM and PM beauty rituals. Here we answer some commonly asked questions about this plant-based retinol-alternative and discuss complementing products that help to enhance the serum’s effects.
Can I use Bakuchiol Serum during the day?
Bakuchiol is often compared to retinol serums. Whereas retinol can cause sun sensitivity if applied during the day, Bakuchiol Serum doesn’t cause this unfortunate side effect and can be used day or night. Don’t forget SPF!
How do I use Bakuchiol (pronounced “bah-koo-chee-awl”) in my Skincare Routine?
- Use low-foam, non-stripping cleanser morning and night to keep the skin clear of pollutants and makeup residue. Pink Cloud Cleanser is formulated with ultralight squalane to lift impurities, and tremella mushroom, a key component in Bakuchiol. When used together, Bakuchiol Serum and Pink Cloud Cleanser support each other to enhance plumping and hydration.
- Next, apply a toner with ingredients that help to boost and complement the effects of your Bakuchiol Serum. A green tea antioxidant toner will minimize pores’ appearance and drench the skin in potent antioxidants that support Bakuchiol’s hardworking blueberry stem cells. A soothing rosewater and coconut toner will drench the skin in soothing hydration that softens, tones, and primes the skin for serum.
In what order do I apply serum, oil, and moisturizer?
We recommend applying serums, oils, and moisturizers from the lightest to the thickest consistency to allow the skin to absorb each product thoroughly before layering on the next.
We love to use facial massage beauty tools at the serum/oil step to depuff the face and eye area for a more refreshed look. Try mixing facial oil and serum and applying the blend before moisturizer, using the tool to deeply and evenly distribute the product.
- To nourish dry skin with deep moisture and plumping hydration, mix two to three drops each of Bakuchiol Serum and Phoenix Facial Oil together.
- To balance oily and combination skin while smoothing away wrinkles and fine lines, combine Lapis Facial Oil and Bakuchiol Serum.
- To brighten skin and prime your complexion for makeup, mix Orchid Facial Oil and Bakuchiol Serum.
- To nourish skin irritated from dryness while plumping and smoothing its appearance, apply a blend of Emerald CBD Glow Oil and Bakuchiol Serum.
Can I use Bakuchiol Serum and an exfoliating product together?
Bakuchiol is gentle enough to incorporate into skincare routines that include exfoliation. Try mixing our Bakuchiol Serum with an exfoliating serum like Prism to create a potion that smoothes and renews the skin in one application. This blend will double the battle against uneven skin tone and skin clarity. Stick to the suggested application schedule for each product.