Fight oil with oil.
Avoiding oil ingredients in skincare can lead to dryness, encouraging the skin to overproduce sebum, causing overly shiny skin and blockages. Many of us commonly respond to grease with a good cleanse, which, if using a too-harsh product, unfortunately starts the cycle of dryness and overproduction all over again.
Certain facial oils are formulated to balance oily skin types. Use a gentle moisturizing cleanser like our our Pink Clay Cleansing Bar, or a more powerful cleanser like our Bamboo Charcoal Cleansing Bar. Then, apply a facial oil such as the following:
- Our Orchid Facial Oil is our most lightweight facial oil. It’s also known as our signature beauty oil because it blends perfectly with foundation, even for oily complexions. It also serves beautifully as a natural highlighter that won’t clog pores.
- For skin that’s only oil from environmental stress, our Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil might be the best fit for your glow due to its lasting, grounding moisture that helps to prevent future imbalances.
- For oily skin that’s usually oily, try our Lapis Facial Oil, which is formulated with blue tansy, a botanical rich in azulene. This potent ingredient helps to control sebum production and is perfect for sensitive skin due to its soothing, consistent moisture that lasts.
- If your skin is prone to buildup, blend a few drops of a gentle exfoliator to your routine such as our Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum. This revitalizing blend absorbs dead cells and excess oil for fresh, smooth skin that’s prepped and ready for moisture.
- If you’re prone to breakouts, try adding a daily spritz of our Jasmine Green Tea Balancing Toner to your routine after cleansing. Green tea helps to reduce pore size and free radical damage, boosting your blemish-free bliss.
- For matte-leaning moisture, swirl a dollop of Pink Cloud Rosewater Moisture Creme with a few drops of your facial oil to create a glow that’s less glossy and more matte.
- To tighten pores, use a chilled facial roller, which also helps to even oil distribution and enhance your skin’s ability to absorb moisture.
Which Herbivore products help you with your oil skin? Leave us a comment below. We’d love to know!