Despite our intentions to wear brimmed hats and proper SPF, sunburns sometimes happen.*
They occur more easily for some than for others, but in any case, this kind of damage can wreak havoc on the skin. Sunburns are linked with a variety of ailments including hyperpigmentation, premature aging—and worse (cancer)! This is why it’s so important to have a stellar post-sun skincare plan that nourishes the skin and fights damage with vigor.
Even if you don’t have a sunburn, it’s still important to refresh and repair the skin after sun exposure. (Prevention is the best medicine, after all!) Indulge sunned skin with the following ritual as often as your “skintuition” guides:
- Our After Sun Skin-Soothing Aloe Mist features nourishing aloe vera juice, plus cooling spearmint and calming lavender essential oils. Spritz this mist gently over your face and body. Keep a smaller bottle in your purse or vehicle for on-the-go cooling nourishment.
- Reducing redness and inflammation is what Emerald CBD does best, and because a sunburn is an inflammatory response, this ultra-soothing oil offers added rescue in times of need. Its hemp oil base moisturizes deeply while delivering calming CBD, effectively helping to soothe and mend inflamed skin. Post-sun, this product is ideal for helping to address the dryness and irritation associated with sunburn. Drop a few drops of this oil into the palm of your hand.
- Blend the oil with a few drops of our Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum, swirling the two products together until combined. Gently dab the mixture into your face and neck. This magical, natural alternative to retinol fights hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also works to rehydrate the skin with plumping tremella mushroom while gently renewing the skin with mild PHAs. Blueberry stem cells add cancer-fighting botanical magic to the mix.
- Drink a tall glass of filtered water, and continue to drink water throughout the day.
- Repeat the above steps as often as necessary to help your skin to stay nourished, soothed, renewed, and calm. This ritual is dynamite at helping to preserve your gorgeous skin!
*Sunburns can be life-threatening, so go to the emergency room if your sunburn is severe, blistering, very large, or accompanied by any of the following: fever, headache, severe pain, dehydration, confusion, nausea, chills, or signs of infection. Always consult a Dr. before treating a sunburn.