At Herbivore, one of our biggest passions is caring for the planet. After all, Mother Earth gives us the powerful and skin-healing ingredients that are infused into each product we create. Never using harmful chemicals, we only choose natural ingredients that support our bodies and the health of our environment. With sustainability in mind, we’ve made every effort to not only create beautiful and Earth-friendly products, but to also package them in a way that is responsible, using 100% recyclable glass bottles instead of plastic whenever possible.
Not only does glass look aesthetically beautiful, with different hues of facial oils, body scrubs, mists, and salts glistening through—but our bottles, jars and pots can all be reused in a variety of ways. Here, a few ideas for upcycling your Herbivore bottles after you’ve finished your favorite products.
- Fill your space with flowers and plants. Spring is the perfect time to bring fresh bouquets and breathtaking flowers into your home. Empty facial oil bottles make excellent bud vases, while body polish jars can be used as planters for your favorite green beauties and succulents. Before planting your indoor garden, clean each jar fully and place pebbles and stones in the bottom of the jar for a built-in drainage system.
- Create mood lighting. Moon Fruit, Pink Cloud, and our Blue Clay or Pink Clay mask pots make excellent candle holders. Place a tea light into each empty bottle and light safely. Your entire home will glow, just like your skin must be after finishing your products!
- Hydrate in-transit. Once we’ve finished our Bath Salts, we love to reuse these bottles as on-the-go beverage containers. Simply fill these chic, clear jars with your favorite sun brewed teas, or homemade iced coffees, secure the lid, and you are out the door!
- To keep your bathroom tidy. Clear your vanity space of clutter by housing cotton swabs and hair pins in an aesthetically pleasing way. The clear glass means you’ll never lose track of what’s inside.
- Don’t forget your place. Herbivore boxes feature artwork too beautiful for the recycling bin (though, all cardboard packaging is 100% recyclable). Upcycle these unique illustrations and designs as handy bookmarks and appreciate their beauty each time your resume your story.
- Use plastic lids as desk storage. Wrangle all paper clips, staples, binder clips and any other paper accessories sliding around your desk drawer, and organize them using our plastic lids. Your productivity is sure to soar!
- Pack supplements on-the-go! Traveling? Portion your supplements into empty pots from our Coco Rose Lip Conditioner, Lip Polish and Lip Tint. The tiny containers take up minimal space in your overnight bag.
- To keep your valuables safe. Small jewelry fits beautifully into our glass containers and lids keep all your precious gems in one secure space.
How do you recycle Herbivore packaging? Comment your tips below!