The month of July is linked with ruby gemstones—those hot-pink-to-fiery-red hued stones that perfectly align with the energies of Cancer and Leo seasons. Bold an intentional rubies are special because they link the heart and root chakras, bringing about a better feel of one’s compassion, intuition, and earthly desires. In fact, these precious stones are thought to heal the body by mending energetic leakages.
Lingering desires point to deeper soul missions, and rubies help to highlight these lingering curiosities so they sparkle like stars in your periphery. For this reason, the brilliant red stones are thought to combat boredom, lethargy, creative blockages, and creative lack. They also help to deflect exhaustion and creative burnout. These royally powerful stones are ideal for striking a match to passion fires. Love, art, and emotional wealth see a boost when in the midst of these gems.
Linked with the astrological sign Cancer (along with Sagittarius, Scorpio, and Leo), rubies are known for their power to stabilize emotions, hence their ability to coax the mind into a stimulated state of focus.
In Sanskrit, the word for ruby is ‘ratnaraj,’ which translates to “king of gemstones.” Rubies are considered to be the most metaphysically powerful of the gemstones. This is why rubies are given to royals and those in positions of leadership: they enhance and balance leadership traits.
If you have access to these mighty precious gems, incorporate rubies into your life to invite their royal magic. Ideas include:
- Decorate your finest paint brush or fountain pen with a glittering ruby to embed it with wand-like powers.
- Dot your earlobes with silver- or gold-set rubies to help relax away anxiety while making conversation more exciting.
- Wear a ruby on your left hand to invite passion and love your way.
- Accentuate costumes and/or ceremonial garb with rubies to bring confidence, power, and presence during rituals and performances.
- Give the gift of sustainably-sourced rubies to a world-worn loved one as a gift to help revive their health and happiness.