Although it’s summertime and the living is supposed to be easy, sometimes a combination of the heat mixed with a few too many sunset rosé’s can leave us feeling sluggish, weighed down, and ever so puffy. Fret not, for we put together the simplest of simple detox’s that you can do that doesn’t require revamping your entire life but does ask you to take some time for a little extra TLC. Read on for five simple steps that can help your body and mind start feeling better almost immediately!
1. DETOX BATH – Nothing is more relaxing and rejuvenating than a long bath. Make your bath a gentle detox oasis with our Detox Bath Salts. With naturally detoxifying Cambrian Blue Clay, calming Lavender, and rejuvenating Eucalyptus, adding a handful of these salts to your bath to infuse will help draw toxins from your body, infuse the water with minerals, and help your body relax and rejuvenate.
2. BLUE CLAY MASK – While soaking in the bath, try our Blue Clay Detoxifying Mask! Cambrian Blue Clay is a rare clay found in Siberian lakes and known for its clarifying and skin balancing properties. This clay penetrates deeply into your pores to draw out impurities while also helping to reduce appearance of redness and puffiness on the surface of skin.
3. GUA SHA – Gua Sha has been used for thousands of years to aid in detoxification and boost the lymphatic system. If you’re feeling and looking a little puffy, this is the perfect ritual for you. Our Rose Quartz Gua Sha tool helps to decrease puffiness and get the lymphatic system flowing so that our bodies can detoxify more efficiently.
4. BREATH OF FIRE – Doing three minutes of this breathwork meditation helps your body to boost your immune system and clear out toxins! It also boosts metabolism and increases energy which is so important to detoxification. The breath is done through your nose only. It’s an equal inhale and equal exhale, which should sound like a dog panting except its through your nose and not your mouth! Close your eyes and give it a go for three minutes. For a real boost, do it every day for a week and see how revitalized you feel! Watch this video to learn exactly how to do it! (Do not do this breathing exercise if pregnant).
5. LEMON + SEA SALT WATER – Lemon helps to cleanse your entire system as it aids the liver in detoxification. The liver is the most important organ when it comes to detoxifying our bodies and summer indulgences can cause it to become slightly sluggish. Instead of drinking lemon water just in the morning, try drinking it throughout the day, with a tiny (and we mean tiny!) pinch of sea salt to increase hydration levels throughout the body helps to draw water into the cells – but too much salt will cause puffiness. That’s why just a tiny pinch of salt is great in your lemon water because it helps to rehydrate your entire body by bringing more water into your cells.